It’s very difficult to be able to see the effect our words have on other people.
People may generally appear to agree with what you say but internally resent you and disapprove of you. Especially in the context of an argument, as sometimes we will say anything to win our case: referencing research papers, personal experience and perhaps even quoting the Holy Book itself.
The secret is that you can only convey real truth with action. Physical implementation of words into reality. I believe it ties into the physicality of action, they can be felt through more sensations than just mere words to the ear, but visually and kinaesthetically.
If it can be seen, felt and heard. And well, that’s as close to the truth as it gets.
The best way to win someone over to your way of thinking is being a walking example for the virtues to wish to instil in people.
- If you wish to convey strength – lift weights, be firm, bold in your actions and show discipline.
- If you wish to inspire intellectualism – read and write everyday, ask questions, debate and never lose your curiosity about the world.
- If you want to create openness in others – show humility, consider another’s perspective, act on new experiences and destroy the ego.
“What you do speaks so loudly, I cannot hear a word you say”Ralph Waldo Emerson
Win with action, not words.
If you liked this, I invite you to follow Holistic Health.
Grateful for your presence,
Latest posts by josephtainsh (see all)
- Painful Dangers of a Routine Lifestyle - 28th March 2020
- TOP 5 Things You NEED To Do in Isolation (COVID-19) - 27th March 2020
- Managing Anxiety & Over-training the Brain - 25th March 2020